FREEZING PASSIONFRUIT: A SIMPLE GUIDE
Passionfruit, with its unique blend of sweet and tangy flavours, is a tropical treasure worth savouring.
When passionfruit is in abundance, freezing it is a wise choice. By scooping out the vibrant pulp and juice and storing it in the freezer, you can extend the enjoyment of this exotic fruit long after its season has passed. These frozen portions are a versatile addition to your kitchen, allowing you to infuse the delicious essence of passionfruit into a wide range of dishes and drinks whenever the craving strikes, ensuring a taste of tropical paradise all year round.
HOW TO FREEZE
- Begin by halving 4-5 fresh passionfruit and scooping out the luscious pulp and juice into a bowl.
- Next, carefully spoon the passionfruit into a deep ice-block tray, ensuring even distribution. Cover the tray with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer until the contents become firm.
- Once your passionfruit is frozen solid, remove the portions from the tray.
- Store your frozen passionfruit in a convenient zip-lock bag in the freezer, ready for future use.
- When it's time to enjoy the sweet, sun-ripened flavour of passionfruit, simply defrost the desired quantity, and enjoy the taste of summer all over again.