Fruitezy brings you another summer creation your way! Fruitezy’s Summer Potato Salad was a true catch during our cooking demonstrations with Anastasia Zolotarev.
Fruitezy’s Summer Potato Salad with Avocado Yoghurt Dressing
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
2 kg x potatoes (small chat, kestrel or other cocktail potatoes)
2 x bunches of asparagus
2 x avocadoes (very ripe)
1 cup x creamy Greek yoghurt
1 lemon (juice and zest)
200g x fresh peas
1 x bunch of dill
1/2 x bunch of mint
1 x red onion
2 x punnets of cherry tomatoes
extra virgin olive oil
fine sea salt
1. Prepare a large pot by filling it up with water halfway and place the potatoes into the pot, making sure there is enough water covering all the potatoes. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer with the lid covering the pot halfway. Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked and the skin has slightly cracked. Check that the potatoes are cooked with a fork.
2. Once the potatoes are cooked, remove from the hot water, run under cold water and then allow to cool, remove the skin if you like and cut each potato in half (optional) then place into the fridge.
3. Meanwhile blanch the asparagus in boiling water. To blanch the asparagus, bring a medium size pot to boil, use your hands to snap off the ends of the asparagus and place into the boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove and transfer into a bowl of cold water with ice. Refrigerate the asparagus.
4. Prepare the rest of the ingredients. Finely dice the red onion and halve the cherry tomatoes and set aside.
5. Clean the peas by removing the shell. Use your fingers to pull the string down from one end to the other of each pea, this will help open the shell and remove the peas, place into a small bowl. Use a microplane or small grater to zest the lemon (save the juice of them lemon for step
7). Add this zest to the shelled peas, squeeze in the juice from the lemon then add a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Mix through the seasoning and set aside.
6. Finely chop the dill, remove the mint leaves from the stems and set aside.
7. Blend the avocadoes together with the Greek yoghurt, the juice from 1 lemon and some fine sea salt.
8. Slice the asparagus diagonally and set aside.
9. To combine the salad together, place the potatoes, the red onion and avocado dressing into one large bowl and mix through well so that the avocado dressing coats all surfaces. Top with the asparagus, the cherry tomatoes, herbs, the zesty lemon peas and extra olive oil and salt.
For more recipes like this Summer Potato Salad check out our EzyBlog page now or follow our Facebook or Instagram for updates on new recipes.