Another fine summer creation brought to you by Fruitezy. Easy to prepare and amazing flavour are two things that go a long way when preparing food for people to enjoy. Today we bring to your Fruitezy’s Summer Beetroot Salad. This Summer Beetroot Salad is packed with flavour and takes only 20 minutes to prepare. With a large serving size of 12-15 people it is a perfect recipe to prepare for your summer party.
Summer Beetroot Salad With Figs, Prosciutto, Walnuts and Soft Goats Cheese
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45-60 minutes
3 x bunch of beets or 2 x bunches of medium sized beetroots (stems removed)
2 x packets of prosciutto
4 x fresh figs
1 x pomegranate
1 cup walnuts
1-2 tbsp honey
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp dry oregano
1 x packet of soft goats cheese
extra virgin olive oil
fine sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200 Degrees Celsius with Fan. Place each beetroot in a squire piece of foil, sprinkle with salt and wrap it up. Place each foil wrapped beetroot onto a baking tray. Depending on the size of the beetroot cook them between 45-60 minutes.
2. While the beets are cooking, prepare a small baking tray by lining it with baking paper and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix the walnuts in a small bowl with the honey, dry oregano and sweet paprika, as well as a pinch of salt. Transfer the walnuts into the prepared baking tray and place into the oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
3. Once the beets are cooked, remove the foil and place them into a bowl or onto a board to cool. Remove the skin wearing some gloves so as not to stain your hands. Then slice each beet into halves or quarters.
4. Prepare the rest of the ingredients. Cut the figs into slices (1 fig into 8 slices) Separate the seeds from the pomegranate by rolling the pomegranate on a bench and then pushing it down. Roll the whole pomegranate a couple of times, cut in half and save the juice in a bowl (this will be used as part of the dressing for the salad), then remove the seeds from the skin and set aside.
5. To combine the salad together place the beets into a large mixing bowl, add the spinach, the pomegranate seeds and juice, as well as the prosciutto. Drizzle with olive oil and season with extra salt. Mix through well and transfer onto a flat salad bowl or large platter. Arrange the salad as a bed covering the entire surface of the bowl or platter. Top with the fresh figs. Divide the soft goats cheese around the salad, then add the spiced walnuts and drizzle with extra olive oil and a pinch of salt.